Re: need ideas for special students

---------

From: Seapearls Artworks (seapearls__at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 22:05:44 PDT

Something that has worked with students who have limited hand control was powdered graphite.  Ok this stuff is messy and ya might wanna use a mask but it works like a charm.  Just sprinkle some graphite on large white paper and then have the student blow it into the shape they want or even use a stump either in their mouth or hands if they have the control.  It isn't as fine motor as a pencil or other drawing tools and can give some pretty awsome results.

Shar ARndT
teacher and artist

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
Michelangelo

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. Get 2 months FREE*. ---