Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Student examples of the Heroes Triptych

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 15 2003 - 11:34:24 PDT

I found some images on my floppies - wish I had the ones I had on my site -
but you can get the idea from these:

I only did the lesson this way two years. I changed it to a shadow box the
next two years so students wouldn't need to find as many images. Fewer and
fewer were doing explorers (the easy way - since I had TONS of maps and
pictures for them). It was a good thing I had already decided to change to
the shadow box since my principal threw out all of my envelopes with
pictures from National Geographics and digital prints I had saved --as well
as my floppies with images and biographies. Don't ask me why he did it. I'll
never know....but I was determined to do the shadow box lesson anyway. I
made my Galileo shadow box example over the summer to use and he knew it (so
now you are getting a bit more of the "picture" -- he was not a nice man

If anyone wants to do heroes next year and needs some help - just drop me a
line. This is one of my "passions". I do have a funny "Joan of Arc" story to
share sometime....but not now. I'm in the mood to go to the Etcetera Shop (a
Ten Thousand Villages store - Mennonite run - handcrafts from all over the
world) in Bluffton right now ...

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department