Think "outside" and "inside" the box

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 16:20:58 PDT

(Pardon me if this ever did come through...it didn't for me. I sent other
stuff - but those messages weren't as important)

OK great minds - see what you can come up with....

My "sister" Patty has some cool boxes and she wants to come up with a neat
project.

From Patty:

I'm fooling with another idea. The computer tech guys are in my room and
they give me all the packing materials from the new computers (as well as
parts from old ones) They love me because they don't have to walk to the
dumpster. I have 27 boxes. They are 10" cubes and the opening side has a 1"
hole in the middle. The boxes had computer cable in them, hence the hole.
I'd love to keep them for myself, but I know I'll never do anything with
them. I have 13 kids in AP. I'm thinking of giving each kid 2 boxes. They
can do what they want to the boxes - outside and inside- but all the boxes
ultimately must work as a unit. So they will have to collaborate with and
decide who will be beside who and what kind of configuration the boxes will
take. I don't know. I'm thinking if I assign one thing that must be on or in
each box that could be a unifying element... any thoughts?
I'm actually starting to get a little excited about seeing kids again

Now, I gave Patty "my thoughts" already so those are for her eyes only --
and I didn't have the advantage of this great visual. Post your thoughts.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/box.doc
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/box.rtf
(why are Rich Text files so much bigger? anyone know?)

If you like this idea - you can order uniform size boxes (I did for one of
my ceramics projects - the time saved cutting cardboard to size was well
worth the expense).

I won't be keeping Patty's file on the site - it won't save as html (ended
up with 54 individual images - and the box didn't line up right). This is
just for summer sharing.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department