Re: Golden Rules of Ceramic

---------

From: Judy Grochowski (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 21:34:09 PDT

Hi,
        I am sorry if this has already been mentioned, and I missed it...but I
find an important concept to remember while building and keeping the
clay moist, is that often structures can collapse. To avoid this, keep
water use (wetting the clay) to a minimum-as needed-and build support
structures, armatures, etc. of dry newspaper, which will burn out
during the bisque firing. Be sensible about weight & gravity...
Jude

---