Re: help with teacher dress code

---------

PrimaryE_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 19:12:10 PDT

In a message dated 8/13/03 9:28:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sidmill@nsn.k12.nv.us writes:

> This summer in Santa Fe a huge hit at the Spanish Market was a girl who
> took bottle caps, put small pictures inside--Elvis, Frieda, Virgin de
> Guadalupe--added some glittery stuff and poured in some resin. She sold
> them for $50 a piece for earrings, a mere $35 for magnets and pins. She
> had a really hot booth!! Sid

Wow. I bought two of those exact pins at the museum at Suny Purchase in
Westchester, NY for about $7 each. I thought they were cute but not worth more.
I thought if I ever teach crafts again I would try to make them. It's amazing
how much people will pay for costume jewelry. Eileen

---