Re: "Bell Ringer"/ visual journal prompts + quotes

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 19:07:25 PDT

I love this vocab approach - I just put up "vessel" as
one of my art terms. I think I'll have them do this
illustration to see what all their getting as the year
goes on.

Also -
I just remembered a literacy strategy. It's called a
double entry quote. I think it would be awesome bell
ringer work, but I think it may be a little more
geared to high school. Proabaly - it depends on the
sophistacation of the quote.

Students fold their paper in half (hot dog)and record
a quote on one side of the paper. On the other side
they write how they interpret it or what it means.

Dawn