Lichtenstein - VanGogh - elementary/middle ideas

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 18:30:41 PDT

Michal Austin just posted her lessons to ArtsEducators list:

Michal Austin-5th grade- Lichtenstein Self Portraits:
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/fifth/lictenstein.html
(from Judy) This looks like a great lesson. I had my students use
Punchinello (approx 3" wide gold ribbon with holes punched out) to make
Benday dots. When Andy DiConti did Lichtenstein, he had his student put
graph paper under the work and mark the dots where the lines intersected.

8th grade - Andy Di Conti's Lichtenstein:
http://www.lcusd.net/lchs/adiconti/pop_comics.htm

5th grade - Tracy Albert's Comics (could use Lichtenstein)
http://www.lz95.org/mw/talbert/arthome25.htm

Lichtenstein links:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/america.htm#K

Michal Austin -4th grade -Van Gogh:
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/fourth/starrynight.html
You can use a variety of Van Gogh lanscapes for inspiration. Ther eare some
wonderful one of the olive groves - soem realy nice trees paintings.

Christine Sumner Lyman - 3rd grade - finger paint Van Gogh:
http://jefffleming.com/lyman/secThird.htm
Van Gogh links (towards bottom of page)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/artists.htm

While my 6th grade Van Gogh scapes lool nothing like the work of Van Gogh -
that is the artists I used:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/6water.htm

Any one else have a Van Gogh or Lichtenstein lesson? Posting what is on your
site will really help me in making the ideas pages.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/