Re: Golden Rules of Ceramic

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 18:24:01 PDT

Ah yes, I always tell my students that for some reason my kiln just explodes
those items so I don't even bother firing them. They seem to think that I
won't know it's an ashtray... "but really Mrs.A, it's a bowl for my mom!
Those slots are for decoration!" Yeah right!!! Or better yet "My mom wants
me to make her an ashtray for her birthday". I tell them to go to the dollar
store and buy her one if it's that important. A middle school/high school
ashtray is not art! Does anyone allow ashtrays?
~Michal

> Hi Joe, my rules always include there will be no pipes, bongs, or other
> drug paraphernalia or inappropriate body parts. Of course I have always
> taught secondary.... Sid

---