Using Aesthetic Questions as Bell Ringers

---------

From: Grace Hall (Grace_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 15:44:47 PDT

Hi Everyone!
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply and respond to all the requests for those aesthetic questions. My computer was "attacked" not by the worm that's been on the news, or at least that's what the computer tells us. Long story short.....my computer wouldn't send any of my outgoing messages so I was dead in the water. Add to that my school's new policy that I can't open my personal email at school, and you have the excuse for my delay.

Because of my computer problems, I don't think anyone recieved my message about the fact that Marcia recommended a good website to us on Aesthetics. At the top of that site was a place to click on "Aesthetic Questions." It takes you to a page that seems to me was glommed from "Thinking Through Aesthetics" by Marilyn Stewart, because many of the questions were the same. Anyway, go to http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/artcurr/aes/aes0.html and it gives you a list of questions you could use. The list of questions in the Appendix of Marilyn Stewart's book is much longer and more detailed. I left the book at school today, so I'll have to send the samples that aren't on that web site tomorrow. For now, that North Texas Institute site is a good place to get started.
Grace

---