Some fun wearable art! idea from Bunki

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 15:29:34 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Bunki and I have been "talking" about my tin lizard lesson (a fun one -
great for sixth grade - 4th - 5th could handle it).
I'm hoping Bunki does it with her kiddies this next year - she has a great
idea for it. BTW Bunki, I also let them use 6" x 18" paper/foil (that's the
dimension I cut for the birds) -I'll send you the image of my sample, too
(he lost a toe over the years). He has a fun spikey thing added down his
back - just another idea for the kids to try. Some of mine added them.

Anyway....she sent this to me:

BTW...you DO know that you can make great lizards from puff paint by
painting them directly with the puff paint on a sheet of acetate (like
overhead sheets), let them dry (takes forever), peel them off, and they'll
stick directly on your clothing. Did this several years ago with a
professional growth class of elem. teachers I taught. It was a kick. Idea
came from a magazine.

Back to Judy: This would be fun to do with the kids sometime (maybe a time
filler for those done early?). I love working with those puffy paints. I
used them a lot - paint markers, too.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department