Re: Coil baskets--which culture?

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 13:50:41 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: <sharon@art-rageous.net>
I know that most cultures made/make different types of baskets, but coil
baskets BEST represent the art/crafts of WHICH culture?

I have projects in mind, like the baskets, that I want to include, but I'm
trying to figure out which world destination would be best linked to this
project. Bunki, any suggestions?

Because I'm from CA, I bring in the native CA Indian culture but I know that
Mexican coiled pots/baskets would be another great culture to include.
You're right...you can find coiling in many diff. cultures. Check coiled
baskets on google and they also include cultures to steer to.
Toodles....Bunki

---