Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Coil baskets--which culture?

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 13:50:41 PDT

from: Bunki Kramer (
Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: <>
I know that most cultures made/make different types of baskets, but coil
baskets BEST represent the art/crafts of WHICH culture?

I have projects in mind, like the baskets, that I want to include, but I'm
trying to figure out which world destination would be best linked to this
project. Bunki, any suggestions?

Because I'm from CA, I bring in the native CA Indian culture but I know that
Mexican coiled pots/baskets would be another great culture to include.
You're can find coiling in many diff. cultures. Check coiled
baskets on google and they also include cultures to steer to.