Science Integration - Rousseau fun and more- Crayola Site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 12:06:33 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Pat Melchior from Binney and Smith sent me this Rousseau Lesson idea link:
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/display.cfm?id=29
I can see lots of different ways to do this lesson - with different media.
Student draw one animal close up - add animal patterns. Color with choice of
media - cut out and glue to another color of paper. Then hide with leaf
cutouts. Students can share leaf patterns for variety. It would be fund to
even make some leaves 3 D (3-Do's). Lots of possibilities.
I've never played around on the Crayola site. It is MUST SEE site especially
for elementary teachers.

Here is more Science fun:
Explore what all a nose will do - then design your own 3-D animal nose -
glue to an animal face and have a Nose Store Display for animals to get a
new nose. Lots of science here - talking about sense of smell - how noses
work - animal adaptations - and so forth. Kids would love it!
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/display.cfm?id=682

Tales and Tusks (could use Rousseau for art history -- Or use Andy Warhol
Endangered Species series prints):
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/display.cfm?id=298

Look at all the Animal Theme ideas!
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/results.cfm?action=2&theme=97

Ecology & Environment:
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/results.cfm?action=2&theme=19

Plants and Trees
http://www.crayola.com/educators/lessons/results.cfm?action=2&theme=75

Happy Safari through these lesson ideas.

Thanks Pat for directing me to the site. I never had a need before to
explore it. I bet there are Art and Math ideas, too.

Crayola will be featured on Great Sites next month for sure!

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/