Re: help with teacher dress code: nails/no polish tricks

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 10:12:17 PDT

I an intensely vain about my nails. Never polish because I react to
chemicals in the polish. I have found product that I can live with
and still have healthy nails that don't show stains.

1 I use a polishing board to buff a shine to the nails. Stains have a
harder time sinking into the nails and claiming a long term home.

2 For the cuticles I use Dr. Hauschka's Neem Nail Oil. (Health food
store. Tiny bottle lasts well over a year because 1 dot does both
hands & after the first few weeks once a week or 2 weeks) Drop on a
dot and spread to all the nails rub in gently and let it do it's
thing. In a few days notice healthy, soft, flexible skin! Stains
find it difficult to find a resting place in cuticles protected by
Neem oil. (Toes will like it too!)

3 Diluted H2O2. Dilute 1 to 1/2 or less: Hydrogen peroxide with water
and a nail brush to clean the nails. I keep a small, labeled sports
drink bottle with diluted hydrogen peroxide wash to use when the hands
are needy. The hydrogen peroxide reacts to under part of the nails and
makes them white. Especially good when your hands have been in water
all day and nails have become transparent.

4 I take various herbal concoctions for nail and hair support but as I
said I am extremely vain about my nails and my feet!
:<)
>From: BSoviero@aol.com
>Subject: Re: help with teacher dress code
>Date: Tue, Aug 12, 2003, 7:34 PM

> As a new teacher, one of those unwritten rules involves dress code. My
> district doesn't have a dress code, but I can't look too sloppy. I have
> not yet found a pair or brand of shoes that 1.doesn't kill my back 2.
> provides support and 3. is somewhat nice looking to wear. I really don't
> want to wear sneakers. Any suggestions?

---