Re: Golden Rules of Ceramic

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 04:06:38 PDT

Glazing rules:
At least 2 coats if not three
Watch out for drips
Try not to mix colors- you may get a surprise!
Lightest colors first
Go easy on the red- it costs the most!
Plus, we overglaze everything just in case I forgot that a color or two we are using is not a gloss glaze.

KPRS <KPRS@comcast.net> wrote:
I always tell kids that the clay can not be thicker than their thumb. (your rule #3). I also tell them that they must make a hole in the piece so that the air can escape (that is if they make a figure, or a hollow object of some sort).

Do you have any glazing rules? i.e. don't glaze the bottom of the piece, wash the piece before glazing etc?

San D