Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Ceramic Story Tiles Lesson Plan - High School

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 18:33:22 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I was looking through my ceramics folder for ideas to send to Marsha - and
came across this lesson plan on Low Relief Story Tiles - by Nancy Dhone This is a great
way for students to make larger pieces - but work on smaller sections
(assemble four 8 x 8 inch tiles)

I have no idea where I found it on the Web. I did email Nancy to see if I
could link it up to the site (right now it is just for your eyes). I also
asked for images.

I inserted a couple of images by S. Gardener at the bottom (don't know where
I found them either) These show the same kind of patina that David Stabley
uses on his work.

See David Stabley's site:

Jeannie Sandoval did a similar project with her middle school kids (only
made tiles smaller - not sure how big they were):

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department