looking for help

---------

From: mary ellen mckenna (memstar1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 18:30:16 PDT

Dear Fellow Art Teachers
I am going to be the art teacher for grades K-2 even though I've done
lots of art projects as a classroom teacher. I must admit that I'm not
sure how to teach art. I want to teach the elements of art and not just
do craft things. I don't even know what to do with them the first day of
school. I need some suggestions on things to do with the elements so
that they do create something each lesson. Also I was wondering if you
could suggest good art organizations to join and in particular in the NYC
and websites for cheap art stuff(like posters) and any other resources
that would help. Oh yeah what about smocks where can you get them. I
want one for me. Thanks in advance. Good luck this year to all of you.
Emmie--NYC

---