Re: help with teacher dress code

---------

From: Elizabeth Davis (davise_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 15:36:57 PDT

How funny that you should ask about painting fingernails, I hadn't even
realized that it has been years since I've painted mine until you asked.
I would but I hate it when it starts to chip so I just paint my toenails
every week since I like to wear open toed shoes: fancy flip flops and
hiking sandles in warm weather and slip on clogs in the winter. So you
have a few things that you can't wear, get creative with all the options
that you have. Go to the mall and look at some of the trendy styles,
don't copy them exactly but pick out a few shirts or pants that you like
or find a more grown-up version to pair with what you already have. Try
adding some new prints and patterns or different shirt cuts, add some
details to your pants: a few sequins, a strip, or just wear a funcky
belt. My favorite skirt to wear right now is long black and made of a
polyester combination: it doesn't wrinkle, the color doesn't fade, it's
comfortable and it can be combined with different things. Also think
about jewlery or other accessories that you add, maybe just add a hand
made necklace or a different style of earings. Those kinds of things can
work with what you already have and be less expensive to change each
year or so.

>>> jean1@dejazzd.com 08/12/03 15:02 PM >>>
This is a STUPID issue, I know. But it perplexes me and I need some
ideas.

Not dress code, but what you art teachers can wear .

I am a toasty warm teacher, so no jackets, vests, sweaters or lab coats
for
me. I can barely stand to wear an apron and only use it during acrylic
painting classes. I tend to climb on tables and chairs, and to
demonstrate
physically, so skirts are a bit risque.

I am sick, sick, SICK of wearing sensible dressy t-shirts(washable),
Dockers
(washable), goofy socks and rubbersoled loafers. I need a makeover!!!!
Does
any art teacher paint her fingernails?

Dorky in PA

---