Golden Rules of Ceramic

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 14:08:13 PDT

Hey all,
I am making a poster that lists, what I call the Golden Rules of Ceramic. I have come up with four and they are listed below. Does anyone else have any suggestion as to what should go on this list? I want to keep is short 7 to 10 rules max.

1. Clay must be thoroughly covered up with a plastic bag to keep it from drying out. This applies to works in progress and moist clay.

2. Clay dust can be harmful if you are breath it in for long periods of time, so keep your area clean, clay scraps off the floor and clean with water and a sponge.

3. If clay is too thick or still moist it will blowup when fired.

4. In order for clay to stick together if MUST be scored and slipped together while the clay is moist or leather hard.

If you have any suggestions please send.

Thanks and Blessings
JoeGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---