RE: seventh grade painting project

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 14:01:46 PDT

You could do a version of the following project:

Ask them to pick three shapes...could be geometric or biomorphic...but, just
shapes. Then they draw out 6 different boxes approx. 3"x5"...they use the
three shapes to come up with different designs...on the first, you can
specify they only use the shapes one time each...second box, two times...so
on and so on...then, they use the following color contrasts: one box using
values, one with simultaneous contrast, one analgous colors, one
complimentary colors, one warm and cool, etc...there are more specifics to
this project, but this is the general idea...