Re: help with teacher dress code

---------

From: KPRS (KPRS_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 12:40:53 PDT

I too am an overheated art teacher, who doesn't like the "feel" of smocks,
aprons or large old shirts on top of my clothes.. I am also a table climber.
I have taken to making haori's, which are shortened kimono type things (and
I modify the sleeves, so they aren't so 'big'), or I buy them for less than
$20 each. I also wear wrap pants, or just linen pants, and Birkenstocks or
clogs. I DO admit to having a large collection of clothes and shoes, so if I
need a makeover, it would be in the area of "simplifying my life". My job
description has changed to Teacher-Leader so I am trying to upgrade my look.
I still favor the kimonos though because they are easy to make and you can
be very creative with material in terms of painting on them, or appliqueing
them, and changing out the obi's or being creative with the side ties. I
also have handmade jewelry from a variety of cultures which also 'arts up'
my clothes.

As for fingernails, jeeze, I'm just glad to have them....they have never
seen a manicurist, or been polished, and I'd venture to say I am probably
the only woman in my building to be able to say that.

San D
-----
> This is a STUPID issue, I know. But it perplexes me and I need some
ideas.

> Not dress code, but what you art teachers can wear .

---