help with teacher dress code

---------

From: Jeannie Hess (jean1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 20:35:02 PDT

This is a STUPID issue, I know. But it perplexes me and I need some ideas.

Not dress code, but what you art teachers can wear .

I am a toasty warm teacher, so no jackets, vests, sweaters or lab coats for
me. I can barely stand to wear an apron and only use it during acrylic
painting classes. I tend to climb on tables and chairs, and to demonstrate
physically, so skirts are a bit risque.

I am sick, sick, SICK of wearing sensible dressy t-shirts(washable), Dockers
(washable), goofy socks and rubbersoled loafers. I need a makeover!!!! Does
any art teacher paint her fingernails?

Dorky in PA

---