Knott Just Another Quote - Positive Thinking

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 08:08:43 PDT

Welcome new list members....the Knott Just Another Quote is named after
Patty Knott (a Getty ArtsEdNet list member). I'm just posting these through
the summer for folks to save and use as you wish. Today I am posting a list
of qualities sent to me by San D. She found this among her father's things
after he passed away. (San D, I'll repost to Getty is this doesn't go
through). I already posted quotes for a positive attitude and will forward
anyone who asks - off list , please (Jdecker@woh.rr.com).

Marks of a Positive Thinker

1.. Enthusiastic
2.. Self-confident-not boastful
3.. Creativity
4.. Persistence
5.. Leadership-willing to take risks
6.. Belief in self- not egotistical
7.. Action habit
8.. Proper thinking and attitude toward others
9.. Likeable
10.. Generous with conversation with everyone
11.. Looks for the good in bad situation
12.. Takes action immediately because he/she knows the goals
13.. Has initiative: is a self-starter
14.. Constructively evaluates self to learn weakness in character and
course of action
15.. Has definite goals (which may be altered if necessary)
16.. Friendly
17.. Progressive thinker
18.. Success oriented--success is: "The progressive realization of
worthwhile goals"
19.. A thinker, not a dreamer (in achieving). Dreams can be helpful to
creatively produce the idea, but the results are obtained by action, not by
'dreaming'
20.. Believes that things can be done-not just performing 'lip service' to
an ideal or to someone else's ideas.
21.. A doer, not just a talker
22.. Learns to have good recall of memory
23.. Visualizes self as successful in the attempts to reach goals.
24.. Thinks creatively--is able to come up with new ideas continually.
25.. Not a traditional thinker when it comes to problem solving or
inventing new ideas - thinks many different ways from all angles
26.. Does things to strengthen self psychologically--reading, listening to
recordings of progressive, positive, or creative-thinking people.
27.. Stretches the mind instead of stopping at the point of seemingly
reaching the solution.
28.. Sold on self and self-worth
29.. Does not let small thinkers destroy the attainment of goals or
enthusiasm for life
30.. Believes in own importance, but is not self-centered.
31.. Is a generally well-balanced person in all realms physically,
spiritually, psychologically, and emotionally. Does not let self become too
over-endowed in any one area at the expense of others.
This list will be available from the Files for Sharing:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/positive.htm

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department