Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Knott Just Another Quote - Success

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 10:54:56 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I wanted to post quotes tody for aesthetics (a current topic on Getty) - but
then realized I had already done I'm adding to Patty's quotes
on success. There are lot available on that topic.
Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you
love what you are doing, you will be successful. (Albert Schweitzer)
Where there's liberty, art succeeds. (Ronald Reagan)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important
than any other one thing. (Abraham Lincoln)
Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny
successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don't collect all
these tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything. (Norman Lear)
Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed. (Corita
Self-trust is the first secret to success. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. (Thomas Edison)
Everywhere in life, the true question is not what we gain, but what we do.
The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of work. (Sarah
Know the difference between success and fame - success is Mother Theresa;
fame is Madonna. (Erma Bombeck)

Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth. (Julie
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people
who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. (Dale
There are a lot of tricks you have to keep playing on yourself to keep at it
because every time you hit a problem you want to walk away. (Janet Fish)
Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. (Samuel
Know that the mind which is born to succeed joins itself to a determined
will and perseveres. (Vivekananda)

Well...some of these ought to get your students going. Add these to

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department