need ideas for special students

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 09:57:50 PDT

A colleague who is a photography teacher came to me this morning in a
quandry. She has been assigned 2 students who are physically incapable of
holding a camera. At least one of the boys is very bright and has an
assistant. The other I don't know about developmentally. She asked me for
suggestions of things these kids to do that would some how be related to
visual art, if not photography per se. The first thing I suggested was the
prints that can be done on treated paper or fabric (like blue print paper)
and placed in the sun. Computers might be an option, but we don't think they
have the hand/arm strength to even do that. Transferring them out of the
class is not an option. Please help-any and all ideas for lessons,
websites, resources will be appreciated. If anyone can help, you all can.
Thanks much-Linda in NC

---