Perspective to elementary? - Eileen

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 06:20:50 PDT

Eileen,

I introduce perspective in second grade starting with a collage project. We do lots of overlapping and often use the 3D-O stickies that can be found in the Sax catalogue. This really helps to emphasize fore, middle and back grounds. Size of objects, how well can you see details, well, you know the drill. Each year the kids get additional lessons in perspective, colors fading, drawing one-point,etc. They love making their pictures more realistic. They think it's magic.

Sandy
> I introduce perspective to 5th graders. We are mostly learning about
foreground, middleground, and background and how to show distance in
their drawings with things like overlapping, size, color, placement,
etc.

---