Bell work for art (was, Journaling in High School)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 21:35:11 PDT

Grace Hall wrote:
> The "bell work" or "bell ringer" (Harry Wongism) is an aesthetic
> question that I put on the board each day. On Friday's I give 5 points for
> each complete entry.

Grace,

Would you mind posting some examples of your questions? I resisted bell
work at my old HS as I thought it was just a stalling tactic to meet
admin demands, but at this new school we have to do it. I'm really
stuck coming up with ideas that will work with grades 5-8; no way will I
tax my brain cells doing five different ones a day!

Thanks,

Maggie

---