Re: Perspective to elementary?

---------

linalt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 18:37:46 PDT

I introduce perspective to 5th graders. We are mostly learning about
foreground, middleground, and background and how to show distance in
their drawings with things like overlapping, size, color, placement,
etc.

I introduce the idea of one point perspective at the end, but only as
an extra assignment. There are many kids on this level that are not
ready for it and simply won't understand.

Check these sites for help.

http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit/

http://www2.evansville.edu/studiochalkboard/draw.html

http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/teach/
lp_1pointperspect_complete.html

http://www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective/

http://www.kinderart.com/drawing/perspective.shtml

Lin

On Sunday, August 10, 2003, at 11:42 AM, PrimaryE@aol.com wrote:

> As I've said before, this is my first year teaching elementary.  Does
> anyone teach perspective to elementary?  I will be teaching K-5.  What
> grades do you teach perspective?  1-point only?  Projects?  Thanx in
> advance.  Eileen ---
> leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---