Re: Journaling in High School

---------

From: Grace Hall (Grace_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 15:01:43 PDT

In my high school art class we call our sketch diaries "art journals"
because not only do they use them to draw in, they put their bell work in
them too. The "bell work" or "bell ringer" (Harry Wongism) is an aesthetic
question that I put on the board each day. On Friday's I give 5 points for
each complete entry. I like how it has worked out because I'm covering
aesthetics every day, it's a great springboard for aesthetic discussions,
and it keeps students busy with an activity until I begin the lesson.
Sometimes my students can't wait to give their opinion on the question of
the day!
Grace