Re: elementary sart first days

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 07:15:19 PDT

I do the same thing every year, but it works so well! I hand them 18x24" tagboard which they fold in 1/2. We tape one side. They write their name at the top in sharpie, then we have a gluing lesson where they glue on a coloring type sheet that has a color wheel and the elements. I remind them about small drops of glue and only to use 4 drops. With whatever time we have left we color the color wheel in order (primary, secondary, tertiary) with their new crayons, markers, colored pencils, etc. This lesson sets the tone for the year, it's funner than a lecture, it's hands-on while being very guided, reviews past content, and reminds them on following directions.
~Michal

---