Knott Just Another Quote

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 04:25:15 PDT

I told Judy I would do today's quotes. I've been thinking about challenges
and obstacles and getting past the obstacle. Sometimes the obstacles for our
students are things we don't ever see or imagine. I try never to forget
that maybe my best "lesson" is a simple pat on the back and a word of
encouragement. The best teacher I ever had was my flying instructor. He
never ever ever gave any indication that I couldn't do it, although I had
lots of doubts myself. But, I wanted to learn how to fly so I got through
the challenges. Not all of our kids want to learn what we have to offer. We
try to find something in every child that we can reach and that sometimes
becomes our biggest frustration.
Patty

It's not a successful climb unless you enjoy the journey
--Dan Benson
Never discourage anyoneŠ who continually makes progress, no matter how slow
--Plato
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you
--El Cordobes
The only people who never fail are those who never try
-- Ilka Chase
Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.
--Henry David Thoreau

---