'All boys' class...

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 15:13:22 PDT

I've got an "all boys class" for the first time ever. I'm going to call them the "the young men's art class"... They are all at either level Art III or Art IV.

I'm trying to write up a curriculum for lessons that I think they will really enjoy.
We started out with a "visual autobiography collage". I try not to get into any complicated lessons for the first two weeks of school...because it takes that long to finalize our class lists.

Next we're doing wood cut printing, then scratchboard...probably some paper mache...

How about some other good "hands on" ideas that you think a class of all boys would like...

Actually...when I think about it, "hands on" is pretty redundant...since visual art IS hands on.

Carolyn

---