Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Floor cloths

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 13:35:08 PDT

I made some a few years ago out of heavy cotton duck that I bought from a boat cover dealer- it was his scraps from making covers and sails. I did sew up the edges and them primed with gesso. I painted with acrylics and coated with polyurathene. Not too many coats or it will crack. Stuff wiped right up. I heard some people would sew weights (pennies) into the edges to keep them down. I just recommended putting that grab it stuff for under rugs and it worked fine. :) It was great fun!

Carolyn Roberts <> wrote:
How do you make floor cloths?

Type of fabric?
How to prepare it?