Lesson Plan Updates on Incredible Art Department

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 12:10:37 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

You will now find the following lessons linked on IAD:

Kris Fontes - Contrast-O CD Mobile - Op Art:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/CD.pdf
Linked from Middle School Lesson Plans - looks like a fun one!

I have updated Mark Anderson's Watercolor handout to include a description
how he did the collage mural.
His handout/lesson is linked from Elementary Plans (click on the link at the
top of the handout).

I have added Dawn Stienecker's WAY COOL portrait diptych lesson to
elementary plans (also good for 6th grade/middle school):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/dawn-diptych.htm
This is a literature based lesson - Boy With a Thousand Faces by Selznik

Anna Mayehofer - fused glass lesson plan for Middle School:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/anna-glass.htm
Linked from Middle School Plans - but suitable for High School too. Let's
continue to remember Anna in our prayers. Anna has been in the hospital
battling Leukemia.

Dawn Stienecker- Marisol Social Issues Boxes - Middle School
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Dawn-marisol.htm
This is linked from Middle School but is adaptable to high school - combines
assemblage with poetry.

Ceramics Relief Sculpture from Deb Bridges - High School
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Deb-Relief.htm
This is linked from High School Lesson Plnas but is suitable for middle
school, too.

ART NEWS UPDATES:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/artnews.html
ROBERSON MUSEUM & SCIENCE CENTER - Art Exhibit
COSMOS & CHAOS: A CULTURAL PARADOX
FEBRUARY 1 THRU APRIL 30, 2004

Michael Gerrish accepts new position - read all about it.
Send me any Art News that you have about yourself or your program
(Jdecker@woh.rr.com)

I will continue to share lessons as I get them - then post when they have
been linked to the site.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department