RE: AP 3-D Design Question

---------

From: Herrick, Beth (herricb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 09:17:36 PDT

Hi Joe,

This is my first year teaching AP 3-D design. I am in the same dilemma with
my class. If you give them the specific assignment, they are not
experimenting enough. But, I have found with teaching AP Drawing and AP
Design that not giving them an assignment leads them to wander aimlessly.
Sometimes it simply depends on the maturity and drive of the individual
students. So, I decided to give them the attached sheet which explains what
I expect to see in their portfolio (hopefully, this will provide a goal
without a specific product in mind). I will also come up with a project for
each goal in case they have trouble getting started. I have yet to come up
with specific projects. If you have any I can borrow that would be great. I
hope this helps.

Have a wonderful first week,
Beth Herrick