Re: Bulletin Board - Art Room Displays - Jackie

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 16:32:52 PDT

Jackie- If you have time, can you elaborate on the
strands? Do you have them as big bold terms or do you
have ways to illustrate them?

--------

(reply to original topic)

I've been trying to work out a bulletin board all
summer that illustrates the expanse of what all art
covers.

I'm trying not to make a web because I use them pretty
frequently - so I'm looking for another type of
graphic organizer.

At the moment I'm working with artefacts, fine arts,
crafts and design. I'm not thrilled with the division
of fine arts and crafts. I may end up defining crafts
as utlilitarian. I've been collecting images for
subdivisions within each category.

Even though it will be divided into four topics, I'll
probably still use strings to show how they connect to
each other at some point. Like how fashion design is
related to art history and textiles...

I'd appreciate any feedback -
Dawn