Re: 7th grade perspective

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 13:30:42 PDT

I always to one point with 7th grade. In fact that is what I start with! THEY love it. It is like magic to them and they get hooked on art right away.
I start with simple boxes, then "notched" boxes (names) and then go into creating a scene. Once they know the process it is up to them to get creative. I usually do a colored pencil lesson with some of the kids that are excelling at one-point so they can work on two new skills. Always works for me.
Karen Chilman
Scottsburg Middle School, Indiana