Re: Dan Eldon - 22 year old photographer

---------

From: Caryl Dahn (cdahn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 07:49:36 PDT

I have recently seen a Public Television Special concerning Dan Eldon.
The author is from Iowa City and she was also featured. Actually, she
will be speaking at a local bookstore in Forest City, Iowa. I am
planning on attending.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 29: Iowa City native and writer Jennifer New will be
here in the late afternoon for a book signing of her book, "Dan Eldon:
The Art of Life."  In 1993, 22-year-old photojournalist Dan Eldon was
killed in Somalia while covering the famine and civil war.  'This book
is the story of this remarkable man's prolific life.  Intensely visual,
like the life it describes, "Dan Eldon: The Art of Life" is more than a
biography.  It is an exploration of one man's will to take in
everything life has to offer; an example of a life lived for art, and
an art experienced as life.'

Caryl Dahn - Iowa
cdahn@mac.com

---