AVOID LATE WORK

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 15:07:49 PDT

Friends

These are some ideas to help avoid late work.
Please share your ideas.
Sara

This is what worked in the past to help ADD/ADHD students complete or start
their art work. They usually know what works but still need help with
starting work, staying on task and staying under control.

 Since the class expectations are:

Everyone does his/her part
(has awareness, has good atitude, applies art knowledge, does his/her chore,
works safely, finishes work........)
Everyone works
Everyone learns
Everyone makes his/her best better

 I talk with the Joe/Joy Doe about ,what helps you to do your best/work
 better in class? I help them I create a plan/contract.

 I ask:
Besides your regular seat when you come in, what area do you want to work?
Do you want to have the choice to go during activity time to work at a quiet
area, where? in the back? Or I give them 1 to 3 choices.
As some students work better away from the rest of the class.

What person/persons do you work best with?
Since they don't do well with constant change. Keep regular seating and
their group constant.

 Ask one or two student to help Joe/Joy Doe
 by giving clues/reminders as Time to .........Time to put our work on the
shelf in our folders.
 Some have a hard time with whole class instruction.

Do you work better standing up?

 Do you work better with music?

 Do you work better with quiet times?

 What should be done if see you not working/listening?
 If I see that you not working or not under control, should I come and give
and you a signal as touch you on the shoulder or.....?

 Do you work better if you have a objectives/check list of what is to be
completed today?

Sometimes I do with the whole class.

 Sara

---