Updates to IAD made during Getty Down Time- Lesson plans -Files

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 11:28:28 PDT

Well.... I guess I missed my "window" to get these posted - I see "we" are
down again.....and now we are "on" again...I am sending right now.

Watercolor Lessons:

Earlier in the summer Mark Anderson sent me his artist in residence
materials for a watercolor workshop and mural.
I now have the file "slimmed" down to a more manageable size to download:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/water.htm
This will soon be linked up to Elementary Lesson Plans.

If anyone wants the complete file with his schedule charts - please request
offlist (jdecker@woh.rr.com)

Do check out Mark's Web site:
http://www.ideacreative.com/
There is a picture of the group mural on his site.

This part of the site is fun - Kid's Corner:
http://www.ideacreative.com/kidskorner.html

Mimbres Handout:

Some folks couldn't open LeAnn's Mimbres Word file - so I put in on IAD in
html:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/mimbres.htm
This will eventually be linked up to Middle School and High School Lesson
Plans. This handout - lesson is EXCELLENT.

If you want a more printer friendly form - it is still on temporarily in
Word.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/mimbres.doc (images take a while
to load) I tried to do this file in Rich Text - but it was just too large.

LeAnn teaches at Beaverton Rural School in Beaverton Michigan.
(I'll get that added to the lesson right now - I just had to look it up in
my files).

Even though Tony Hillerman Thief of Time is about Anasazi ceramics - it
still might be a nice literature tie in. I loved that book.

On Bloom's Taxonomy:

I had several folks searching the site for Bloom's Taxonomy. Sorry, I don't
have the Files for Sharing linked up yet.

Here is a link to a nice concise listing:
http://www.coun.uvic.ca/learn/program/hndouts/bloom.html

And here is the link to Dawn's chart (I think we need to reverse the
triangle for Art, though - we have the big part of the triangle at the
top --
smile). http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/blooms.htm

Here is the link to Jackie Brewer's file:
http://mail.bryanisd.org/~ja1997/blooms.html

Here is an excellent Web Site (posted by Sara):
http://www.libertycenter.k12.oh.us/hinton/Teacher/bloom.htm
Lots of good links.

Art Science Connections:
Many list members are looking for Art/Science connections. Kris Holsen sent
me these Getty posts she had saved.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/artsci.htm

Please post/send any additional sites and/or ideas you have. I will
EVENTUALLY get them added to IAD - but for now they have a home in the Files
for Sharing.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department