internationalism

---------

From: Ruth Wilson (Ruth.Wilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 19:33:47 PDT

I once had a lot of children from other countries in my school
we were an ESL magnet school. i brought in binders of art work
collections from around the world (from a framing shop) then
i invited parents in with their children who had a multi cultural interest
and together
we flipped thru the books to select prints to buy and frame for our school.
it was great to have input from people who were of each culture becaue
they had a lot of thoughts about why we should purchase the prints we did.
an example was a beautiful painting of elephants from india

Ruth

---