Re: teaching art to non-art teachers this friday and need ideas

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 18:58:50 PDT

A friend and fellow art teacher teaches night classes on this subject at the local college. She has found that one of the best "tools" she has found for the non-art teacher is teaching them "How" to draw. Show them how to break an object down into simple shapes. This will boost their confidence, then once they feel confident in how to create basic drawings they will be more confident in their overall artistic abilities. Have easy reference materials available for them to use.
~Michal