Re: supply orders -anyone want an Excel form?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 20:34:33 PDT

I don't know who started the supply order thread (I never got the first
post). Does anyone want an Excel order form template? I can even send you
one for Sax (although the prices are a couple of years old). I simplified my
orders considerably by ordering all of my basic supplies from Sax. Sax
matched the discount I was receiving from United Supply (my previous basic
supply company). I just ordered from Dick Blick then what I couldn't get
from Sax. I think there were still a number of items I continued to order
from United Supply since their prices were still lower. My clay and glazes
all came from Columbus Clay because they had a better price and shipping was
considerable less.
Those of you who do clay might want to check for a supplier in your state.
You will save $$ over what they charge in the art supply catalogs.
Once you get your order forms ready for each company - your orders go much
faster. You just need to adjust qantities or change colors - add new items
from year to year.
I do the open catalog routine too - I have all of the pages folded down that
have items on I want and just go page by page - It really doesn't take that
long. Post-it notes help too.
Rather than shuffling from catalog to catalog - try going with the one that
gives you the best value overall. Sax is a good one to start with. Remember
your time is valuable, too.

Judy

---