RE: short class time, dispersing supplies, etc.

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 18:56:02 PDT

I have P.A.W.s (Pannell's art workers) who are in charge of getting what is
needed at their table- I list what they need to get at the beginning of class.
We rotate every month. I also have given each student a job to do at the end
of class, such as "pencil sharpener" (all the pencils are ready for the next
class), "counter-top wiper", "sponge tosser" (oh, they LOVE that one), and
"table dismisser". I also have six sets of everything in plastic boxes with
lids so all they have to do is grab one. We only have 40 minutes & this seems
to work on most days! I am pretty lenient when it comes to getting out of
their seats. As long as they are not goofing off, I let them move freely to
retrieve things. Hope this helps!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>Anyone have a system that is tried and true?!!
>THANKS!!! me again, Deborah C.
>

>---

---