Knott Just another Quote - Unity

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 07:25:15 PDT

Another "quiet" morning on the lists... I hope all of you are taking some
time to relax and enjoy summer.
I sure have been having a wonderful summer....but now I am getting to
"work". Today I'll be putting together the Great Art Education Sites. If you
have a favorite - please post so I include it. This Great Sites will be
mainly for the new art teachers out there. All of you veteran teachers are
probably already using these sites.

Today's quotes are in honor of all of you - "Brotherhood and Sisterhood"
("Brothers" and "Sisters" in Art Education - smile)
http://www.painterskeys.com/quotationsac.htm#brothersisterhood

One friend in a lifetime is much, two are many, three are hardly possible.
Friendship needs a certain parallelism of life, a community of thought, a
rivalry of aim. (Henry Brooks Adams)

Crafts make us feel rooted, give us a sense of belonging and connect us with
our history. Our ancestors used to create these crafts out of necessity, and
now we do them for fun, to make money and to express ourselves. (Phyllis
George)

Artists have a uniform will to create, to invent methods to match visions,
and the concentration on the artistic goal to be achieved against all
obstacles. (Robert Goldwater)

Work bears a particular mark of man and of humanity, the mark of a person
operating within a community of persons. (Pope John Paul II)

Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together. (Ron
Wickersham)

From other sources:
I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your
beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings My wisdom flows from the
Highest Source. I salute that Source in you. Let us work together for unity
and love. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

In union there is strength. ~ Aesop
To transform the world, we must begin with ourselves. However small may be
the world we live in, if we can transform ourselves, bring about a radically
different point of view in our daily existence, then perhaps we shall affect
the world at large, the extended relationship with others. ~ Krishnamurti

(I like what this man had to say http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/ "J.
Krishnamurti, whose life and teachings spanned the greater part of the 20th
century, is regarded by many as one who has had the most profound impact on
human consciousness in the modern times. Sage, philosopher and thinker, he
illumined the lives of millions the world over-intellectuals and laymen,
young and old. He gave new meaning and content to religion by pointing to a
way of life that transcended all organized religions. He confronted boldly
the problems of contemporary society and analyzed with scientific precision
the workings of the human mind. Declaring that his only concern was to 'set
man absolutely, unconditionally free', he sought to liberate man from his
deep conditioning of sorrow, fear, violence, and selfishness."...for David
if you are reading... I am not "idealistic" - I just think like
Krishnamurti, at times. Now I want to read more about him. He is new-to-me.
He also had the same ideas as my father and ancestors - although they were
very much tied to one religion).

Well...It looks like this is enough for one day.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/