Re: Arts ed as integral, but who teaches?

---------

From: dawn stien (dawnstien_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 19:00:08 PDT

I'm watching Boston Public at the moment -and Marla
(the music teacher, I think)just made a really
passionate statement about teaching to the test and
funding (of course at the wrong time)...

It made me think how cool it would be if David E Kelly
(stereotype breaker, presenter of harsh realities)
would introduce an intelligent artist/art teacher on
that show and begin to break down some of those
perceptions of the art teacher as a big flake...

It would probably backfire, but I love it when that
show goes off on the educational system. It's joyful
white noise for my mind!

Dawn