MUSEUM OF COMTEMPORARY ART TEACHER RESOURCE 1

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 16:11:42 PDT

  http://www.mcachicago.org/

 Introduction
I am happy to present part two of the Museum of Contemporary Art's
investigation of careers in the arts. The Behind the Scenes in the Art World
video and companion guide are products of a yearlong collaboration between
the MCA and Hyde Park Career Academy on Chicago's South Side. As career
education continues to establish a strong presence in the core curriculum
around the nation, the MCA has made a priority of providing practical
information about careers in the arts. It is my hope that Behind the Scenes
in the Art World and its predecessor, Behind the Scenes at an Art Museum,
will help teachers and students appreciate the array of job opportunities in
the arts. At the same time, I would like to emphasize the importance of
education and job skills for these careers, and employment in any area for
that matter. The video and guide highlight each arts professional's
educational background, internships or other training, and his or her career
path, in addition to the importance of cooperation and other job-related
skills. Please enjoy the video and use the companion guide to explore each
career further with the suggested follow-up classroom activities.

Erika Varricchio
MCA Assistant Director of Education

Teachers Resource Home

Behind the Scenes