Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: to Jackie B / NCLB andArt

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 13:55:35 PDT

"The Arts in Education program supports education reform by strengthening
arts education as an integral part of the school curriculum. Its intent
is to
help all students meet challenging state academic content and
standards in the arts."

>From Department of Education Web Site:
                                                Woody in KC

Jacqueline Smith wrote:
> "If you are teaching more than the other teachers, yes you should
> > be getting more money. Ask you state association if you have
> > one (teacher). Here in Texas, we have to. Besides, "No Child
> > Left Behind" states art as core class. "
> can you tell me where to find that information? I would like to use it as a
> tool to manipulate my administrators into doing my bidding. I HAVE never had
> to go to this much trouble, though.....whew! My school is being mean to me
> this year and I don't want to go back to school now.
> Jacqueline

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15
This one soars: