Re: Terry Barrett Texts

---------

From: Jancy & Mike Cossin (jmcossin_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 07:14:55 PDT

Years ago he was my professor for Teaching Art Criticism. I've found much of what he says very valuable. I was actually thinking about taking his photographic criticism course this winter quarter. I'll let you know if I do and what I think. I've read Criticizing Art - Understanding the Contemporary and liked it.
Jancy

Amanda Linn <toasterart@yahoo.com> wrote:
Has anyone read the books by Terry Barrett about
looking critically at photographs, his text about
contemporary art or the one that just came out on
Visual Culture?
I have the book he did with Davis and have heard him
speak- I like what he has to say.
I am trying to decide which of the books to buy first
if I can't afford all three.

Thanks
Amanda

=====
"When you have the Pope and the Dixie Chicks against you, you can't be long for the White House"
-Michael Moore