Re: Subs in Texas

---------

From: Jacqueline Smith (jsmith_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 07:49:35 PDT

It depends on the district..Our district will hire anyone who has finished high school to sub (lovely) I've had the wife of the local tattoo artist and a nurse's aid sub for me. Occaisionally, I'll actually get someone who's gone to college, but generally not. My worst sub (I get him all the time, too) is a retired podiatrist. He reminds me of Milton in the movie Office Space. I'm always expecting him to start muttering about his stapler.......He hides behind my desk the entire class period staring at the students in with fear in his eyes...It's pathetic.
Jacqueline
Quinlan ISD