Re: wire/hose sculpture

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 19:32:30 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: <sharon@art-rageous.net>
> I think Bunki came up with this--I know she gave me a lot of the "how
> to's"--and my students LOVED it. I'm probably going to do this again this
> year with my Art I kids.
******************

As much as I'd love the applause, it wasn't moi that instigated the
pantyhose sculptures. Teri Mason who used to be on this listserv shared it
with me a couple of years ago. She hasn't "talked" in some time so don't
know if she's still on. Anyway...we've since done mobiles with these
sculptures. It's a really neat thing if you can paint them with gesso first,
let dry, and using tiny fingernail scissors cut out flowing shapes out of
the hose so you can see through. Especially nice when it rotates on a
mobile. Thanks Sidnie Miller for entwining some of her ideas with mine on
this endeavor. Toodles....Bunki

---